It’s an excellent humidifier.
- Keeping Bamboo palm (Aka Parlour palm) as indoor plant could reward the owner with humidity-maintained space. These plants could be held responsible for adding moisture into the air. It comes in use most, when air in your surroundings is dry and dry out your nose, skin, eyes and lips.
Bamboo palm is a high valued indoor ornamental plant.
- Chamaedorea Elegans or Bamboo palm (Aka Parlour palm) is a slender-stemmed palm with a terminal tuft of pinnate, rich green leaves, which grows up to 60cm long, comprising 21-40 linear to lance-shaped leaflets. Tiny yellow flowers bloom on erect, simple or branched panicles (which are usually 15-30cm long), grow from spring to autumn, followed by small, spherical black fruits. Height 2-3m, spread 1-2m. Potted Slender-stemmed bamboo palms bring colour and warmth to any room.
Easy to care and requires low maintenance.
- With its native origin to Mexico, Bamboo palm (Aka Parlour palm) loves bright indirect light conditions. That’s why they thrive in the presence of semi-sunlight. It is also better resistant to pests as compared to any other indoor plants. Soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be kept moist throughout the growing season. These soils are effective when they are a bit acidic, fertile and well-drained. Ideal temperature for their healthy growth is 16 to 22 degree Celsius. And in terms of feeding, use organic fertilizers.
Excellent air purifying indoor plant.
- It has been proven by NASA (The National Aeronautics and Space Administration) that while keeping the Bamboo palm (Aka Parlour palm) as an indoor plant could result in good air quality in your surroundings. This is because they are best at absorbing formaldehyde coming out of electronics or laptops and it also cleans up other harmful toxins. Thus, making an excellent environment for your indoor spaces.
It’s a pet-friendly plant.
- These indoor palms are non-toxic to any living beings, and so they could be easily planted around children and pets.